...landing soon in Thessaloniki
From the first mark of the caves, thousands of years ago, to the first step on the moon, the greatest achievements of mankind started from the conception of an idea. Every child is born with creative ability, overflowing curiosity, discovers, invents and creates. When growing up, during school life, this creative ability is not properly developed and is gradually lost.
At the same time, the development and spread of technology in all fields of human expression combined with economic uncertainty, play a key role in the formation of a very different world than the one we are experiencing today. Worldwide, educational initiatives aimed to empower creativity through arts and technology are establishing, like STEAM educational platforms (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math), in order the generations to face future unknown and growing challenges. These initiatives are not easily accessible due to their high costs and limited formal initiatives to this direction.
- Set up an interdisciplinary workgroup in order to design, implement and evaluate the action plan. Members of the educational, artistic, academic and scientific / technological community will be involved in the workgroup
- Design and prototype the AstronART pop-up Toolkit
- Organize workshops and info-sessions for teachers and animators in order to create the "multipliers" of the AstronART initiative
- Design a strategic communication action plan
- Cooperate with official organizations and institutions for mentoring and implementation of the initiative
- Cooperate with NGOs and socio-cultural initiatives in order to promote social inclusion and to respect diversity
- Implements the initiative at schools and other social communities of Thessaloniki under the auspices of educational institutions and local government
- Set up and curation of the participatory interactive art exhibition
- Evaluate the action plan of the initiative quantitatively and qualitatively
- Develop a sustainability plan of the initiative